By Jack Nelson, Vice President of Global Business Development, SkillSoft
On Friday I attended the 2011 ASTD BEST Awards dinner and was thrilled that once again several SkillSoft clients have been named to the 2011 ASTD BEST list– in fact SkillSoft has 13 clients that made the ASTD BEST list this year! We are extremely proud of our clients for making the list and for their exceptional learning programs. We are honored to be part of their innovative and best in class learning programs.
Congratulations to the SkillSoft clients on the 2011 ASTD BEST List:
- Bank of Montreal Financial Group
- BJC HealthCare
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Grant Thornton LLP
- Jiffy Lube International
- Prescription Solutions/UnitedHealth Group
- TELUS Corporation
- Union Bank
- University Health System
- US Navy
- Wipro Technologies
The ASTD BEST Awards recognize organizations that demonstrate enterprise-wide success as a result of employee learning and development, and use the learning function as a strategic business tool to get results. Some of the aspects the winners are judged on include:
- learning has an enterprise-wide role: involved in the executive team, creating solutions to business issues, and setting organizational strategy
- learning has value in the organization's culture: learning opportunities for employees, C-level involvement, learning for growth of the organization, and innovation
- learning links to individual and organizational performance: alignment with the business, efficiency, measurement of the effectiveness of learning, and success with non-training solutions for business needs
- investment is made in learning and performance initiatives.
The ASTD is a highly-regarded learning industry organization with high standards and strict criteria for the BEST list. SkillSoft is happy that our clients continue to be recognized for their hard work and dedication to their learning programs by the organization.