We are thrilled to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of our Learning Growth Model® this month! To recognize this milestone, we are excited to introduce an updated whitepaper and infographic that illustrate the transformation of training into learning and include the most recent innovations in the learning industry.
The new infographic, which outlines the latest version of the Learning Growth Model, is available at: http://on.fb.me/14HOiic.
The Learning Growth Model is also detailed in our updated whitepaper, The Skillsoft Learning Growth Model: A Blueprint for Integrating Learning into the Life of the Enterprise in Five Manageable Stages.
Initially developed in 2003 to help organizations chart a realistic direction on their path to learning optimization, the five-stage model aligns learning with strategic business goals, leading to increased cost savings, productivity, performance, employee retention and competitive advantage.
The five stages of the Skillsoft Learning Growth Model are:
- Stage 1 – Supplement. In this stage, elearning is introduced to address scalability challenges and reduce costs. New elearning resources address a backlog of demand for skills-based training that could not be delivered via traditional methods due to high costs. Reduced travel costs, design and development costs, instructor time and learners’ time away from work all contribute to significant cost savings.
- Stage 2 – Targeted. During stage two, targeted learning begins to support specific initiatives and job roles. This stage expands earlier results and provides elearning in new workplace areas. Elearning resources replace redundant classroom training, which further reduces learning costs. Executive support typically increases during this stage of the Learning Growth Model.
- Stage 3 – Strategic. Learning is aligned to strategic business objectives and begins to connect to talent management to increase the value and impact of learning during stage three. This is the most pivotal stage in the Learning Growth Model and marks the transformation from skills-focused training to business-focused learning and is a major point of change into a new learning paradigm.
- Stage 4 – Integrated. Stage four is marked by increasing talent and accelerating organizational agility. Organizations that reach this stage have successfully woven learning into the fabric of the organization. Learning is focused on accelerating business results, deepening the talent pool and creating an agile, empowering, productive and creative organization.
- Stage 5 – Optimized. Organizations at the optimized stage have fully matured and are focused on deepening talent and broadening learning to the extended enterprise. Elearning is branched out to the organization’s supply chain, customers, etc. Learning has become globally ubiquitous and seamlessly integrates into the workplace.
Here at Skillsoft, we take pride in consistently delivering quality content to our valued customers and partners and we look forward to continuing to support the talent development process through unique tools and content. By closely correlating a learning program with tangible business goals, organizations can improve knowledge retention and document a return on their learning investment. Our whitepaper and infographic are excellent tools for guidance through this process, which transforms basic training into integrated learning.
How has your organization optimized learning over the past ten years?